What Tarsha Stands For
Our campaign is people and family centered. We believe that everyone in Rowan and Stanly Counties – and all over our great state – deserves the same opportunities to thrive and realize their hopes and dreams. The North Carolina General Assembly under Republican control has failed us over and over again. We must roll up our sleeves and do the hard work of making our state and communities work for everyone who lives here, not just a select few.
I am committed to:
- Making critical improvements – both immediately and over the long haul – to our public education system.
- Paying our teachers at a level that values their incredible talents and commitment to our children. Together they are literally creating our
state’s future, and we need to pay them accordingly.
- Focusing on economic change that stimulates meaningful job creation in Rowan and Stanly Counties. Neighboring counties have more
opportunities than we do, and its long past time for that to change.
- Ensuring with the force of law access to affordable healthcare and medicine for all North Carolina families, and passing Medicaid expansion
to help our most vulnerable and in-need neighbors. No one should be without affordable healthcare. No one.
- Working tirelessly for families and people struggling and working hard just to get by and care for the ones they love. I raised two
amazing kids as a single mom, and I know first-hand how hard it is. And I will be fighting for you every single day.
- I will fight tirelessly to protect the rights of women and families so they can be successful in Rowan and Stanly Counties.